Call for Abstracts
- The TIB 2020 Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of high quality abstracts focusing on the following topics: Sustainability – Diversification – Well-being – Experience
More information on these topics can be found here.
- There are 4 different submission types: Oral presentation only – Oral presentation (but if not selected for an oral presentation I’m willing to present a poster) – Poster presentation – Invited speaker
- The 2020 Call for Abstracts opens on September 15, 2019. The abstract submission deadline is December 6, 2019 (orals) and January 30, 2020 (posters). Authors will be notified by January 20, 2020 (orals) and January 31, 2020 (posters) by e-mail. Authors are required to register for the congress and complete payment before February 7, 2020 in order to present.
- The 2021 Call for Abstracts (posters only) opens in August 2020. The abstract submission deadline is October 2, 2020. Authors will be notified by October 30, 2020. Authors are required to register for the congress and complete payment before November 13, 2020 in order to present.
- Abstracts are to be written in English and should be submitted electronically using the Conftool abstract management system.
- All abstracts must be relevant to the symposium topics. Authors will be asked to select maximum 2 themes from the topic list that best suit their submission. This is to assist with the review process and the creation of the conference program itself.
- Authors will be requested to upload an abstract based on the template with title (max. 20 words) and abstract text (max. 300 words – figure caption and references included).
- The following structure can be followed for the abstract text (no obligation): Background, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- You are allowed to include max. 1 figure/image. However, the total abstract is limited to 1 A4-page.
- Minimum 3 keywords are required.
- Click here to download the template to be used during submission. To use the template correctly, please read this manual carefully. Abstracts that do not meet the requirements of the template, will not be taken into consideration.
- Please upload your abstract as a Word-document. After that, create a PDF and upload this as well. Your PDF and Word-document should be exactly the same.
- Furthermore, you will be asked to upload a photo of the presenting author to be published in the book of abstracts. A short CV of max. 100 words is also required.
- Don’t forget to click the “Complete Submission” button on the second screen in order to submit your abstract.
Following the link you will be asked to create an account from which you will login in, click on the ‘New Submission’ link, and follow the further instructions.