Call for Abstracts
- Due to the continued spread of COVID-19, the 14th International Trends in Brewing (5-8 April 2020) has been postponed to 17-20 October 2021.
- If you were already accepted for the 2020 edition, you are offered the opportunity to update your submission with your latest research results. To update your submission, please proceed to our abstract management tool and your abstract, click ‘edit contribution details’ (for changes related to the title, authors or short CV of the presenting author) or click on ‘upload contribution’ (to upload a new version of your abstract or a new photo of the presenting author). Please note that you can update your submission until the deadline of August 20, 2021.
- In case you no longer want to present your research results, please click on ‘withdraw submission’ in our abstract management tool.
- Next to the accepted submissions in 2020, the Scientific Committee has launched a new call for late poster submissions, in order to give authors the opportunity to present their latest research results.
- The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of high quality abstracts focusing on the following topics: Sustainability – Diversification – Well-being – Experience.
- New abstracts can be submitted until August 20, 2021.
- Abstracts are to be written in English and should be submitted electronically using the Conftool abstract management system.
- All abstracts must be relevant to the symposium topics. Authors will be asked to select maximum 2 themes from the topic list that best suit their submission. This is to assist with the review process and the creation of the conference program itself.
- Authors will be requested to upload an abstract based on the template with title (max. 20 words) and abstract text (max. 300 words – figure caption and references included).
- The following structure can be followed for the abstract text (no obligation): Background, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- You are allowed to include max. 1 figure/image. However, the total abstract is limited to 1 A4-page.
- Minimum 3 keywords are required.
- Click here to download the template to be used during submission. To use the template correctly, please read this manual carefully. Abstracts that do not meet the requirements of the template, will not be taken into consideration.
- Please upload your abstract as a Word-document. After that, create a PDF and upload this as well. Your PDF and Word-document should be exactly the same.
- Furthermore, you will be asked to upload a photo of the presenting author to be published in the book of abstracts. A short CV of max. 100 words is also required.
- Don’t forget to click the “Complete Submission” button on the second screen in order to submit your abstract.
Following the link you will be asked to create an account from which you will login in, click on the ‘New Submission’ link, and follow the further instructions.